The Dress Code at South Herts is based on the simple tenet that we expect golfers to wear ‘appropriate golf clothing’ on the course. Off the course it is a practical and flexible dress code and we ask guests to abide by it in the same way as South Herts members are expected to. Members and Visitors are requested to comply with these reasonable requirements to avoid any possibility of embarrassment. The Secretary and members of staff are empowered to ask any person not suitably attired to amend their mode of dress or withdraw from the Course or Clubhouse. On occasions, these dress regulations may be relaxed by order of the Captain, or in his absence the Secretary or a member of the Committee.
On the Course
- Collared shirts with long or short sleeves (ladies may wear sleeveless golf tops),
- Roll, crew, turtle v-neck golf tops pullovers
- Tailored trousers, Plus four's, Plus two’s
- Tailored shorts/skirts with predominantly white socks
- Golf shoes
- Wet weather golf clothing
Dining Room & MAIN LOUNGE
Members, Guests & Societies
- Prior to or during golf events, golf attire is acceptable (golf shoes are not permitted in the dining-room/main lounge except within the designated 'spike' area at the lounge bar).
- At other times smart casual clothing unless the dress code for a Club function or match directs otherwise
Harry Vardon Bar, EAST LOUNGE & TERRACE
Golf attire/Smart casual clothing.
Dai Rees Lounge & SNOOKER ROOM
Smart casual clothing
The following are
not allowed on the course or in the clubhouse:
- Sports & untailored shorts, ‘cargo’ trousers/shorts, blue denim clothing, track & leisure suits, leggings, ski-pants
- Men - sleeveless shirts
- Trousers tucked into socks
- Men - shirts worn outside of trousers
- Hats must be removed inside the Clubhouse and gentlemen must always wear socks when wearing open-toe sandals
- Golf equipment should not be brought through the lounge and bar areas of the Clubhouse.